Friday, August 20, 2010

Would I get to college if I really suck at maths?

Well, I know educational systems are different, I just wanted to learn this film stuff, I don't know how it's in English, but I hope you understand....





Lately I've discovered that I suck at maths, it's not only my fault, it's teachers fault as well... So I think I can't solve anything in maths ... ( Don't be so lame and ask how much is 5+5 ) and those things...





I kinda feel how's my maths teacher pushing me away, I'm taking after classes for about 4 years and it's always been like: ';Ok , take a book , read it from there'; ...


In classes and even in after classes she's just telling : '; Solve it '; , how do I solve, if I don't understand it ?


I really don't get it what she's explaining. She's been a maths teacher for over twenty years, I talked to my best friends bigger sister who went to same school, she told me that when there was a last maths teacher, before she came , she understood everything, but once that maths teacher came, she didn't understand anything..





There will be exams, I think I'll fail, because we have only those stupid exam books which give you only the exercise and answers.. That's it, there's no example how to solve.. No joke..





My native language is so small and pointless, there isn't even any website on the internet where I could ask help and as you can see, my English is bad.. So I don't understand....





Would I get to college if I don't maths at all? ( I mean 7-9 grade things , I guess).Would I get to college if I really suck at maths?
It depends what you want to go to college for. Anything technical requires a high grade in Math. Degrees like Art usually have a lower math requirement.





If you're having trouble, consider hiring a personal tutor. Before you put all the blame on your teacher, don't forget she's trying to teach a lot of students at once. If she spent all of her time with a few students, the rest would suffer. It sucks, but unfortunately that's life.





Good luck.Would I get to college if I really suck at maths?
What is your native language? The French say ';maths'; too, but that is a very widely known language...





Yes, you can get to college even if you are not good in math. If you get accepted into a college, you can explain to the college counselor you prefer an easier class because of your language it's harder for you to understand.
I bet there is a tutor study group at your school that can help you. You can ask your teacher where to find one or check the school website. How I got through it was to make friends with people in your class that can help explain and you can study together. Its much easier if you have someone who is taking the same class and going through the same math problems as you to explain.





You will get through it, its just an obstacle that once you get through the class it will be all worth it! Good luck :)





And I think your English is very good compared to some who use it as their native language! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment