Friday, August 20, 2010

Stop being dependent on the call and response and ultimately dead world of the internet?

I ask Google questions like it was an all-knowing friend. I usually always find answers to the questions, but in the words of total strangers. I spend far more time in front of a screen than I do interacting with other humans. Virtually all my emotional needs are met via the internet or entertainment means. As you would expect, my life feels utterly hollow. How do I break this cycle? This would mean going from virtually 'no life' to actually 'having a life'.Stop being dependent on the call and response and ultimately dead world of the internet?
I have the same problem. I'd rather play WOW than go out. It seems i am afraid of rejection, and no one on the internet really gets to know you so if they reject you it doesn't hurt as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment