Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I find my temporary internet file OLKA8?? Where is it?

I accidently saved a document to temporary internet file OLKA8 and have no idea how to access or find this folder. Every search I do comes back with zero results, but I know the folder is there! help!How do I find my temporary internet file OLKA8?? Where is it?
go to my computer and type the following in the address bar:





C:\Documents and Settings\principal mam\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5








P.S. in Windows Xp %26amp; C:\ means the root drive





make sure all hidden files are being showedHow do I find my temporary internet file OLKA8?? Where is it?
Maybe it doesnt exist, what makes you think it does?


edit and add to your question
Make sure your file view is setup to show hidden files %26amp; folders. Here is how:





Open My Computer. Click on the ';Tools'; menu and then click on ';Folder Options';. In the ';Folder Options'; window, click the ';View'; tab. In the middle of the window, you should see an ';Advanced Setting'; box, find the yellow folder icon labeled ';Hidden files and folders';. Make sure the radio button next to ';Show hidden files and folders'; is selected. If it isn't, click on it. Then, at the top of the window, in the ';Folder Views'; section, click on the ';Apply to All Folders'; button. Click ';Yes'; on the window that pops-up. Finally, click the OK button on the Folder Options window.





Also, FYI- temp folders beginning with ';OLK'; are Microsoft Outlook folders. These are usually located in the Temporary Internet Files folder. You could try this:





Open up Windows Explorer (Start Menu, pick Run, enter ';Explorer'; and press enter. Then, on the left, pick My Computer, then pick C:, then pick Documents and Settings, then pick the folder that matches your windows user name, then pick Local Settings, then pick Temporary Internet Files.





Now, go to the Address Bar toward the top of the window. At the end of the address, add \OLKA8 and then press enter. Hopefully, you will get a list of files in which you will find your lost file. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment