Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get my internet back?

I was recently installing a bunch of windows updates (they were legit) on my other computer, and after one restart, my internet no longer worked. I found that this was because for whatever reason, my wireless network adapter does not meet the ';Windows Flag/Logo/Whatever it is Test';, which was not a problem before the updates. Whenever I try reinstalling the driver software (from a usb, I lost the disk ages ago), there is always a problem with the setup, although the driver does save to my computer. I'd love it if someone could tell me what to do to fix my internet.How do I get my internet back?
I had the same problem with my laptop and router. The security settings on the router was WPA-Personal and the Security settings on the Laptop network connection was set to WPA2-Personal. It gave me the exact same error when I tried to get on the network. When I set these to a (uniform) security type it connected with no problem. I don't know if this is your problem but you could try checking the security settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment