Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I fix my internet?

Ok here is the situation: I got a computer from a friend with windows vista installed, so naturally I wanted to change that. I got a copy of xp from a friend and did a fresh install removing everything from the hard drive. Now I can't connect to the internet. I opened the device manager and there is a chunk of ';other devices'; that are yellow question marked I think this means there are no drivers...how on Earth do I get these drivers if I cant download them due to no internet connection. Obviously I have another computer connecting to the we just fine, but it is an old netbook running ubuntu and i need a windows machine. Is there a place where I can download windows drivers to a flash drive and transport them over? I need some help on this if anyone has any knowledge on this. Thanks in advance.How do I fix my internet?
The CD you used to install XP should have all the drivers you need. Go to the device manager and install them by clicking on the ethernet port that has a yellow ? and click ';install or update driver'; You dont need to download them.How do I fix my internet?
whats wrong if you want to use your netbook with Ubuntu OS to download driver then after that, you can transport to flash drive then to your computer friends.
This is a tough situation however the drivers should be out there for download and install especially if you have a way to move files from one pc to another(USB/CD ROM/Removable Media etc.). This depends however on the type of machine you have and NIC(Network Interface Card). If it is an external card(One attached via a PCI/PCI-E Slot then the model number of the card should be located on the actual card(Open up the side of the PC and ground yourself by touching the case to nullify any type of static electricity you have, the nic card will be the one where you can plug an ethernet cable in). Then simply track the driver down via manufacturer/model #. If there is no external card then you will need to go on the website of the manufacturer of the PC track down the model number(Should be on a sticker on the top of the PC) and lookup ';Network Drivers';. and install the ones listed. Let me know if you need further assistance and I'll try to be more precise this is the basic approach.
Hope you can find the drivers you need here:


http://www.drivers-updates.net/


http://ww.best-driver-updater.com/


There is a program I use which will find drivers for just about all hardware devices. The best part is it takes a snapshot of your system specifications and matches the right driver to go with it.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment