Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i use my blackberry as a modem?

Its a verizon blackberry tour. The desktop manager is installed. How can I use my bb to get internet and use it as a modem for my laptop. Laptop runs on xp.How can i use my blackberry as a modem?
Just know that using your Blackberry as a tethered modem will incur extra charges from Verizon.


Another option is from tether.com download an application for your laptop and one for your Tour and your good to go.How can i use my blackberry as a modem?
Connect the bb to your pC...open the desktop manager..find sumting called Broadband or Tethering
Plug your phone into your computer with a USB cable





Open Desktop Manager - Click IP Modem - Click Configure to name your connection - Click OK





Click Connect under Connect to The Internet





Using your phone as a modem is not included with your data plan and you will be charged for usage unless you purchase a tethering plan from Verizon





http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobil鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment